Professional Office Package - Commercial General Liability & Property
Despite your best intentions, accidents happen and if the accident is a result of something your business has done, then a client, contractor, or member of the public can claim against your business for compensation. Your third party liability can be triggered by something as simple as spilling a drink over a client’s computer, or a client slipping on a wet surface in your office incurring injury or damage.
To help protect your business, Pirbright Professions Inc. can provide small businesses with Commercial General Liability insurance as a standalone policy. Alternatively, it can be purchased together with an office property package policy or other lines of coverage such as Professional Liability or Errors & Omissions coverage, Directors and Officers liability and Cyber Liability insurance coverage.
How Pirbright Professions Inc. Liability Insurance protects you and your business
- Covers you when you have to pay compensation because a client, contractor or member of the public is injured and your business is at fault.
- In the event of a covered claim, the insurance company pays the cost of the claim, damages, legal fees and settlements up to the limits of the policy and within the definitions of the policy.
Why have Commercial General Liability insurance
- Even if you don’t have visitors to your office or home, you could still suffer a third party liability claim against your business; for example, if you accidentally damage a client’s property in their office
- Provides protection for your company against lawsuits from third parties for bodily injury, property damage caused by your business products or operations.
- Anyone working for you could trigger a Commercial General Liability claim against your business if his/her actions at work injure a client or member of the public
- Many companies and organisations insist on their suppliers having Commercial General Liability insurance cover in place
Commercial General Liability – Exclusion of Professional Liability / Errors & Omissions (E&O)
Commercial General Liability (CGL) policies do not cover Professional Liability / E&O. A CGL policy focuses on bodily injury, property damage and specifically excludes Professional Liability / E&O. For this reason, E&O is important for any business or professional that could make an error in professional service that leads to a financial loss. It insures the business owners’ mistakes as well as those made by employees and subcontractors.
When businesses or professionals are hired, they are expected to have the knowledge, experience and training to perform to the standard of their profession. If they fail to perform, they can be held responsible for harm caused. The E&O policy protects the insured against financial losses from lawsuits filed by their clients against them. It covers the legal defense as well as the settlement.
Package Policy - Property Coverages
Property of Every Description Coverage (Included in Commercial Office Package):
- Broad Form Coverage
- Physical Assets (Office Equipment and Furniture)
- Business Interruption
- Improvements and Betterments
- Worldwide coverage for property off premises
Coverage protects your business property against loss or damages caused by fire, windstorms, explosions, and flood. This coverage may be compulsory if you lease or rent your premises (please check in your lease agreement or with your landlord).
If you run a home-based business, your homeowner’s policy will not cover you for damages to your business assets. Many homeowners’ policies also require that you have a commercial insurance policy if you are running a business from your home.
Get your quote now
To receive your premium quotation, please click below for application.Get a quote now